Wednesday, April 1, 2009

From the Murky Waters of the Job Search Dredge

And I quote from a job posting for a sales stylist assistant...

"Knowledge of fashion, good taste, and convincing manor are required."

Now really, is it fair to request that someone have a "convincing manor" in order to apply for a job? If someone IS applying for a job like this (one that, may we note, entails egregious grammatical errors), they probably don't have the money to afford a stately home. If I had enough money to live in the Hamptons (a place where I have no intention of residing), I wouldn't apply for a job like this. I'd probably try to be Paris Hilton and socialite-around on my money and reputation.

As I continue to search for a job, a hopeful ranger trudging through a forest of ashes, I am considering joining the circus. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

No comments: